Shout-out to those people who wanted to shoo the bad day away because they messed up at work and decided to go stress-eating. We are not spoiling you by this write-up, but guess what? We just found a good place to munch the stress, cracking nerves away by digging yourself a handful of delectable cuisines at Whisk Asian Bistro Cafe.
Food with Love
Indeed, it’s not your ordinary restaurant. First of all, Whisk is an Asian Bistro Café serving a fusion of 3 highly favored cuisine- Chinese, Japanese and Filipino. Second thing is that Asian ingredients and techniques are infused to their dishes, most of them are old family recipes “whisked” up with a playful modern twist that brings us food with love. Lastly, the inspiration of the interior design of Whisk came from their Head Chef , Barbie Tan who emphasized that she wanted a minimalist industrial design because that’s how she is. “I want things simple and on point, simple but classy with colors that I love (brown, white, black and gray). I want to give people the best gastronomic experience in the metro with delicious food and nice chill ambiance at an affordable price.”
There you have it, affordable price in dishes crafted with love is quite settling for food buddies, stress eater, food jammers, cravers and lovers, whatever people used to call us now. Lol.
Still complaining how your boss made your day in catastrophe? Just kidding. Forget about the bad day and push the bad vibes away. Here is the list of Whisk’s best sellers to make our taste buds fall for.
CHICKEN TERIYAKI MAC N’ CHEESE
The first mac n’ cheese with an Asian twist to it. This odd combination is guaranteed to surprise your taste buds and leave you wanting more.
– Chef Barbie uses homemade Chinese Ham instead of the typical ham or bacon, plus shiitake mushrooms to give it her own playful version.
WHISK’S FIVE SPICE BURGER otherwise known as KIKIAM BURGER
– Whisk uses 4-generation handed down recipe of Chinese kikiam roll made into a patty. It’s layered with TLC and topped with crispy golden brown bean curd sheets in a brioche bun. The first ever to have this kind of burger.
LECHON KAWALI IN PESTO SAUCE
– Chef Barbie uses pesto sauce as the dip for the twice cooked pork belly instead of the typical liver sauce. -TAHO
-What makes it unique is it’s served with fresh tofu cubes, tapioca pearls and arnibal syrup. It’s like having taho in a cupcake.
WHISK’S EPIC HOT CHOCOLATE
– This hot chocolate is made from scratch using 65% malagos dark chocolate and other Asian spices to make it epic.
HOUSE BLEND ICED TEA
– Made with freshly brewed black tea and fruit juices.
ALMON AND SOBA SALAD
– Fresh mixed greens, seared salmon chunks, and candied walnuts with their homemade sweet and spicy Asian dressing.
WHISK’S SPICY WINGS
– Deep fried golden brown wings tossed with sweet and spicy Sriracha sauce.
I can’t wait to scoop that chocolate icing top on one of the yummy cakes displayed. I half-whispered to Arden who was busy taking pictures of different delicacies laid on the table. Mouth-watering, and guess what, we also get to meet and greet the cheerful chef Barbie behind all those delectable dishes. You won’t be lost. Whisk is located at Ground Floor of Alphaland Makati Place 7232 Ayala Avenue Extension Corner Malugay Street Makati City. Don’t worry, it’s very accessible and easy to spot.
So, you still want to rant about the whole job thing? Just treat your boss, office-mates, your family and friends and I bet it will make you feel better. Just found the perfect place for good food and good people.